Sunday, June 7, 2009
Final Finals: The End of An Era
As a graduating senior here at the University of Oregon, it's become a bit difficult to focus on the things that will get me the heck out of here... Four days until I am done with college forever, and yet, instead of buckling down and studying for my comprehensive accounting final, I've spent the last three days and nights pursuing what can only be described as extracurriculars. The train of thought follows:
1. Finish my final Chinese Essay?
Nope: Facebook and follow E3 on IGN for 4 hours. Follow up with 9-10 Total Domination IPAs a la keg 2 miles from my house. Go to 80's night, drink strongest gin and tonic of my life, make bad decisions.
2. Work on Business Administration take-home final?
Nope: play Call of Duty 4 campaign mode for 3 hours. Follow up with 10 PBR Lights, speak Russian for three hours to a girl who is engaged to a Russian guy living in France.
3. Begin re-learning how to make closing entries for my Accounting Final?
Nope: go on a 30 mile bike ride, break bike chain, go to local bike shop, hang out, bike out to barbecue, drink 8 more PBR Lights.
4. Taking a day off? Don't mind if I do!
5. Laundry! And my carpet could use vacuuming... looks like it's cleaning day. Break open the gin and vermouth.
6. Debate whether to pick up that accounting book. Pick up fifth of whisky instead.
7. Review the Temporal Method? Decide against it, look at online music blogs, make mix tapes for God knows who.
8. Study? Only if that Star Trek viewing party falls through!
9. Actually study. I'll believe it when it happens.
Graduation in t minus 5 days. Time to celebrate.